Independent decision-making is foundational to Greenleaf Trust
Our well-resourced, in-house team embraces a structure designed to eliminate conflicts of interest, enabling a singular focus on the best interests of our clients.
Experience and perspective delivered with a personalized, client centric approach
Greenleaf Trust’s investment research team includes professionals specializing in portfolio construction, manager selection, equity research, fixed income research, alternative investments, and trading.
Our capabilities are augmented through a strategic partnership with an institutional investment consulting firm. Significant investments in the platform allow us to deliver the scale and resources of larger firms with the personalized, client-focused culture of a boutique firm.
A well-established investment philosophy
Our mission is to create comprehensive investment solutions that help our clients reach their goals.
A set of core beliefs guides our approach—our investment philosophy—summarized below.
- We seek to maximize after-tax, after-fee returns for a given level of risk.
- Independence and an open architecture platform allow for unbiased investment decisions.
- Investment decisions should be based on accepted principles and empirical data.
- Asset allocation is the primary driver of long-term investment performance.
- A long-term perspective and disciplined approach lead to improved investment outcomes.
From generation to generation
With a clear understanding of each client’s circumstances and goals, we thoughtfully determine the appropriate asset allocation and construct a portfolio based on our view of the best way to access each asset class. Through this process, we fulfill our mission of growing and preserving the client’s financial security from generation to generation. Thereafter, we continuously monitor and manage portfolio risk and adjust when appropriate.
We welcome the opportunity to share more details about our investment philosophy with you.